Feedback Forum

Hootsuite.com - Web Dashboard

Submit ideas, thoughts, and feature requests for the Hootsuite that started it all — the web dashboard.

For any questions or support requests, please contact our Help Desk: https://hootsuite.com/help.

To ask a question of the community, visit our Community Support Forum at http://hootsuite.com/forum

How can we improve Hootsuite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. do not tie analytic reports to point system, it makes me want to switch to another service provider

Please do not tie analytic reports to point system, it makes me want to switch to another service provider. I have many clients that will want analytic reports and if I must pay extra for each of these. The extra costs will hurt my company's ability to report back with analytic reports to each of our clients.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      Planned  ·  Vladimir OaneVladimir Oane responded

Hi Jacob,

We hear you load and clear. We are planning a new and improved system. We will have news for you pretty soon.

• create a hashtag recommendation tool based on entered text or often used hastags

Either like the @[suggestion] feature, or a new feature that utilizes entered text or frequently used hashtags, the user will see recommended hashtags to add to post to help us maximize our use of the feature.

259 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        24 comments  ·  Compose Message Box & Ow.ly  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        Planned  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded

On certain mobile apps, there’s an auto-complete feature for hashtags. We’re exploring way to also include this for the web app.

• Attach images to bulk uploads / bulk scheduling.

As images and videos are key to increasing engagement, I don't see much point in bulk uploading scheduled posts (particularly for a specific campaign) if you're not allowed to attached images to the posts as well. If we have to go in and edit the scheduled posts to add images individually after doing a bulk upload, we haven't really saved any time to schedule. Even if the only images we could use in bulk uploads would be ones that have a web URL directing toward them (and not necessarily new files from our local machines), that would still be an…

43 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Publisher & Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently redesigning our Bulk Upload feature from the ground up, and the ability to attach images will definitely be included in this version, along with better error report, editing, previews, and a whole new user interface. Initially the ability attach images will be manual, but we will expand it in future versions.

We will begin rolling out this feature as an optional beta in July for Pro and Enterprise users, so keep your eye out for an invite to switch to the new version in the Bulk Uploader. Feel free to try it out without worry, as you can always switch back.

During the beta period, we will be actively soliciting feedback from our users, and directing our development efforts based upon that feedback, so be sure to tell us what you think, often!

Thank you for your continued support.

John…

• gif integration

Please add gif integration like how Twitter has where you can compose a message then pick out a gif right there- will help when scheduling tweets

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. We are looking into making image and gif discovery easier during message creation.

While that research effort is ongoing, we have implemented a quick short-cut to help out with gif searches in the current version of Hootsuite.

Try typing “/gif” in the Compose Message Box :)

• Support Arabic in Bulk scheduling.

Now I have to manually delete 240 scheduled tweets. :/ Thanks god I was just trying the 7-days.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              Planned  ·  SarahSarah responded

This has been escalated to our development team, and we will be looking at ways to improve character support in the future.
              Thank you for your feedback!

• allow users to share tabs between teams (including subsequent columns)

allow users to share tabs between teams (including subsequent columns). You should also be able to assign a column to a tab.

121 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Planned  ·  20 comments  ·  Organizations & Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Implement a Video upload feature like the new Twitter Interface

It would be cool to integrate a video upload feature to share videos...

103 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Caption your tutorial for deaf and hard-of-hearing people.

I tried to understand your tutorial but I'm deaf and couldn't. Please caption it. Try SpeechText Access, a Disability-Owned Business Enterprise.

7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!
                    My apologies for the frustration. We are working towards closed captioning on all tutorials, starting with the HootSuite University series.
                    Stay tuned!

• The new mentions feature could be better

The new mentions feature is good, would be better if you could enable or disable it.

Best, if you could select where to search.

Personally, I tend to mention the twitter account, even if there is a Facebook profile for a person or organization.

39 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      10 comments  ·  Social Networks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback on our @Mentions feature.

Over the past week, we have rolled out several minor changes to how this feature works, with an eye to improving performance and ease of use, specifically:

- The username lookup now pays better attention to where the cursor is positioned; if a @ is inserted before a username, that username is now highlighted and searched for

- Punctuation should be recognized and handled better. Typing “@user,” will now automatically create a pill for “@user” and not include the comma. This works for any non-alphanumeric punctuation.

- Performance, in general, should be improved

- For power users, use of the feature via keyboard-only interactions should be faster and more reliable.

Please continue to leave your feedback regarding this feature, as we review it frequently. We look forward to continuing to improve @Mentions with your support.

Thank you,

John Hallett…

• Bigger Files for Twitter Video

Right now, Twitter video is limited to 15MB, which means I can't use Hootsuite to post Twitter Video. We live in a video world and 15MB doesn't cut it.

12 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Social Networks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Today, Twitter announced official support for longer, bigger videos via their API. Previously, 15MB/30s was the maximum available but, with this change, Hootsuite should be able to support 512MB/140s videos.

Our development team is currently evaluating these changes, and will have an update to the product delivered in the very near future.

Thank you for your suggestion!

John Hallett
                        Sr Product Manager
                        Hootsuite Publisher

• Can we get the gif keyboard they also have?

The Twitter interface has a gif keyboard. I think it would be helpful if we could add that feature without having to switch out of Hootsuite.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. A fully integrated GIF search, powered by Giphy, is being worked on.

In the meantime, you can access a beta preview of this feature by simply typing “/gif” while composing a message.

Thank you,

John Hallett
                          Sr Product Manager
                          Hootsuite Publisher

• Improve Hootlet

Hello everyone,

The Hootsuite Hootlet recently underwent some broad changes in order to align more closely with Facebook's Platform Policy, specifically section 2.3. You can find an explanation of this policy at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/prefill

Due to the nature and urgency behind these changes, we were forced to make some uncomfortable compromises around Hootlet’s behaviour. These changes were broadly applied to all content regardless of the ultimate network being published to as a matter of expediency, not as a design preference.

Work is currently underway to restore much of Hootlet’s original functionality, while remaining compliant with Facebook’s Platform Policy. The teams behind…

45 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

Today we will begin rolling out the latest in our series of Hootlet improvements. The new features will begin appearing for some users at 11:30 AM PDT, and should be available to everyone by the end of the day.

This release has the following improvements:

- Improved graphical Link Previews

- A Live Preview for text-only networks such as Twitter, which shows you exactly how your post will appear

- Improved logic for preserving text you typed while switching your target networks

- Writing a custom message will now not insert the Page Title into your Twitter posts, allowing you full control over your message

- Pasting the link URL into the message box will prevent Hootlet from auto-inserting the link into your Twitter message, giving you full control over where the link appears in your message, allowing you to place hashtags or mentions at the end,…

• add keyboard shortcuts to every action in every version of HootSuite, especially the Web

It would also be nice to be able to edit them in case there's a conflict and to be able to switch them off (this should apply to every enhancement). At the least give me post, schedule, choose network and navigate the current column. Mousing just isn't an efficient mechanism when you mostly type or read.

92 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              15 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since this feature request was created, we’ve added some keyboard shortcuts, such as “Shift + Enter” to send.

We continue to consider more ways to enhance HootSuite with keyboard shortcuts.

• Add "near:" search operator

Twitter now supports the search operator "near:", followed by the name of a place, e.g. near:"Brisbane, Australia". There are other sites now offering this functionality under a "local search" banner (see monitter) and that's a super useful targeting tool for small business.

Please add support for this operator and allow geo search.

Thank you,
                              Gal

40 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, you can do geocode specific searches. For example: “geocode:49.2846165,-123.0954835,25km”

We do not yet offer functionality for the “near:” operator. However, this is on our road map.

• Removal of "via" from a Tweet detail

Hi can I suggest that the name of the app used in Tweeting be removed from the Tweet details? Only the time and the date will be left! It;ll help make Twitter more comfortable place to post with! It's so discriminating seeing that my friend uses "Twitter for iPhone" to Tweet me while I'm using "Mobile Web" to reply to him/her. I'm doing this suggestion to make HootSuite not just comfortable with my part but also to make it more consistent to use compare to other apps!
                                Thanks! I hope you'll put a consideration on my idea!

Sincerely,
                                Francis Park

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

This only shows in Twitter clients at this time, Twitter natively has removed it. In a future API change, this will also be removed from Twitter apps. We’ll update this thread when this change occurs. Thanks for your feedback!

Sarah | @HootSuite_Help | HootSuite Help Desk – http://ow.ly/dBnBz

• Automatic Translation of non-english tweets

There are many non-english tweets in some of my streams. I would like them to be automatically translated to English. Should be a preference that says what language you want them to be translated to.

69 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    14 comments  ·  Streams & Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    Planned  ·  Dave HootSuiteDave HootSuite responded

Added translation to the iPhone app as a starter. You can translate to/from 50+ languages and automatically translate to your default.

• Be able to track clicks for all social networks. Currently you can only track clicks through twitter

Will allow us to see best performing social networks. And also allow us to see what content performs the best with each network, so we can tweak our messaging.

11 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 71 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        11 comments  ·  Social Networks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Have a chat line where we can get decent support turnaround!

Have a chat line where we can get decent support turnaround!

9 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently in the process of beta testing chat support for HootSuite Pro users. As our resources increase we will look at fully rolling this out in the near future. Thank you for your feedback and your patience as we continue to grow.

• Confirm to send an update with 'Select all'

Sometimes I click by mistake 'Select all' and send an update, so it's very hard to do it by mistake and delete in all your social networks...

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Social Networks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s currently a secure profile feature for individual social network profiles. This feature is exclusive to users on an Enterprise plan.

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base