Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Add # and @ to main keyboard for iPad

The hash (pound) symbol and the at sign are such primary characters that they should be on the main keyborad for the iPad.

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ted M. YoungTed M. Young shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GideonGideon shared a merged idea: I suggest you add the "#"- and the "@"-button to the keyboard in the ios clients, and that they suggest tag/user on the fly!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Added hashtag  ·   · 
    John PJohn P shared a merged idea: place the # and @ keys on first keyboard like twitter app. Not having these makes me use the program less.  ·   · 
    KyleKyle shared a merged idea: Add the @ and # to the keyboard in your apps for posting ease from tablets and phones  ·   · 
    OlmaOlma shared a merged idea: Add #button to msg area  ·   · 
    sjdorstsjdorst shared a merged idea: Change the keyboard using for composing messages on the iPad (or offer alternate)  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: For iPad, adopt the Twitter keyboard w the @ and #  ·   · 
    PatPat shared a merged idea: Add the hashtag # to the compose window in iPad version.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add easy access to "#" hash tag and "@" mention when writing new tweets  ·   · 
    Brian OligerBrian Oliger shared a merged idea: Support @ and # symbols next to Spacebar  ·   · 
    PatrickPatrick shared a merged idea: Hootsuite Keyboard layout  ·   · 
    KashKash shared a merged idea: Add a #hashtag shortcut to the menu dash when composing a message (iPhone)  ·   · 
    William StitesWilliam Stites shared a merged idea: Provide a quicker interface for adding hashtages.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add quicklink buttons for @ and #.  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GoCatGoGoCatGo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New for iOS 7! So excited! Surely they've placed the two most important symbols in social media on the main keyboard. Right?

Nope.

Tired of waiting. Deleted.

• HilaryHilary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like hoot suite but am looking to switch if this feature isn't added soon. Such a time saver...

• GoCatGoGoCatGo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anxiously updated the app … still not on the keyboard. I really like Hootsuite, but this is a dealbreaker. I cannot recommend this app to my clients until this is done.

• Habibullah Allah YarHabibullah Allah Yar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

اپل آي دي من براي براي آي فون و آي پد من قابل استفاده نه مي باشد، لطفأ همكاري نمايد
        در كشور ما افغانستان فروشگاه اپل وجود ندارد

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is frankly the number one reason I do not use the hootsuite app other than when I need a specific feature.

Whether it's the Twitter kb from the official Twitter iOS app or an add on floating kb bar as is found in hundreds of free, oft poorly made, apps on the store: it needs to be there.

• sjdorstsjdorst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aack! I should have entered this in HootSuite for iPad. Can you shift it there or must I re-enter it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base