Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Include the ability to edit scheduled messages

Scheduling messages is excellent, but I want to be able to edit them.

946 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LindseyLindsey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    otisotis shared a merged idea: Edit  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow in-app editingi  ·   · 
    Jeff ShurtliffJeff Shurtliff shared a merged idea: Add Publisher to the iOS app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Publisher for iPhone app  ·   · 
    Steve C Steve C shared a merged idea: Allow us to schedule future tweets etc and see when they are scheduled. Allows us to better communicated and inform others on an ongoing ba.  ·   · 
    Jason CruiseJason Cruise shared a merged idea: Add Publisher To The App  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make a way to view old posts  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Put in a way for me to see what I have scheduled  ·   · 
    shelms06shelms06 shared a merged idea: iPad version needs a tab for pending FB posts, it's available on mobile version  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'd love to see a publishing feature for the apps as well since I am more on my mobile devices than on desktop. That'll be great!!  ·   · 
    James LovettJames Lovett shared a merged idea: Allow access to the publisher console in the iPad version just like the desktop version.  ·   · 
    April RichelleApril Richelle shared a merged idea: Adding a calendar to see scheduled messages on iPad  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Schedule tweets from iPad  ·   · 
    Dominic DesbiensDominic Desbiens shared a merged idea: Editing scheduled tweets on iPhone app  ·   · 

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tharit Reed TothongTharit Reed Tothong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been on the verge of paying for Hootsuite subscription for a while now. The fact that the lacking of this functionality on mobile 'app' is what stopped me. Is there a way for me to get notify as soon as this is ready? So only then I can subscribe for hootsuite. Thank you.

• WallyWally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are never going to make these fixes. I have been told for 2 years that you guys are working on the functionality to change the time or data on a scheduled tweet. This is programming 101 and there is absolutely NO reason why this shouldn't take your developers about 4 minutes to put in to practice.

Not being able to edit a tweet is probably the most absurd thing on earth considering you are a tweet scheduling application. This is the CORE of what you do, so why is it going to take so long to make this very very simple fix?

Each time there is an update I think to myself "Maybe they fixed it so we can change scheduled tweets" and each time I end up saying "Oh....not this time".

How hard is this? Why don't you just admit you are not ever going to change it, rather than telling us you will...but then you don't. This is beyond frustrating, and there is just no good reason for the terrible delay.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE DO THIS! Why not make an easy change to better mirror the full-site functionality?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use the mobile app for this very reason—viewing & editing scheduled messages is crucial—and also being able to schedule posts to my LinkedIn Company Page or Google+. I pay monthly and have to use the desktop version for everything. Very frustrating when "on the go!"

• WallyWally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long could this really take to do? How hard can it possibly be to add a freaking button that lets you edit the time of a scheduled tweet. Why was there a new update today with updates that nobody cares about, while this one continues to remain unchanged? Do I have to invent my own app?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this not been addressed yet? It's now 2014 and we still can edit via our iOS devices and STILL no reply from Hootsuite. Does anyone know of another app we can use since hootsuite is not helpful?

• JustinJustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on adding ability to edit scheduled tweets. Seriously, how hard can it be to implement this feature?! I can't even so much as change the time on the tweet. For a MANAGEMENT tool, I can barely manage anything. Please please please add this feature.

• MartyMarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is realy a shame that since 2010 and 2013 an edit button was not implemented. Tgis is why I am using more bufferapp than hootsuite. But for sure hootsuite is having other advantages. I suggest strongly implementing the edit button for smartphone app and ipad app.

• Dora Dora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use the app on my mobile because I can't access the publisher. The full site is much more difficult in the browser on my mobile. Please add publisher function to the mobile app.

• David Chartrand David Chartrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear HootSuite: Have you read these customer requests re editing scheduled posts? Have you COUNTED them? Are you patronizing us or just ignoring us? Will it motivate you if we start posting negative customer reviews on web sites, bulletin boards, computer software blogs? Would it help if we cc our beef to Walt Mossberg at The Wall Street Journal? Please, tell us how much ruckus to raise -- and the ruckus shall begin.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base