Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Automatically sync tabs with hootsuite web dashboard

Right now you can import your hootsuite web dashboard tabs and settings after setting up the Android app for the first time, but if you change something in your tabs or add new ones it doesn't seem to sync this with the web dashboard and vice versa. It would be great if you guys could sync these settings at any time after changing something.

318 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Herman de VriesHerman de Vries shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ken LenoirKen Lenoir shared a merged idea: add a full refresh button on the mobile app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: fix android bug where when lists and tabs are modified on web, android does not reflect the changes. had to logout and in.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Cross platform 2-way sync for both layout of tabs and streams and information read  ·   · 
    Michelle MurrainMichelle Murrain shared a merged idea: The mobile (android) app should be in sync with the web interface.  ·   · 
    Michael RickeyMichael Rickey shared a merged idea: sync networks and streams with the Android app  ·   · 
    Ramón Suárez 【ツ】Ramón Suárez 【ツ】 shared a merged idea: Sync Android App and Web Hootsuite  ·   · 
    Herman de VriesHerman de Vries shared a merged idea: Full sync of tabs/colums with Android app  ·   · 
    completed  ·  LarsAdminLars (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

With the launch of Hootsuite v3.0 for Android we’ve improved Sync between the web dashboard and the Android app.

Now any changes you make on Android are automatically saved to your Hootsuite account and immediately shown on web.

Any changes made on the web are reflected on Android either when you login, when you visit Settings=>Social Networks, and when you visit the ‘Manage Tabs & Streams’ page.

Hope you enjoy this new functionality. Please tweet to us @HootsuiteMobile if you have any questions or feedback.

You can read more on our blog: http://blog.hootsuite.com/the-redesigned-hootsuite-android-app-helps-you-stay-productive/

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not fully synchronous, but now there is the option in the newest android app to manually re-sync your tabs to the web app. Good enough for my use! THANKS HOOTSUITE!

• Fred SchechterFred Schechter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. I updated to pro and I figured the mobile app would contain my dashboards. Is there an import feature, similar to a Google reader OPML file to bring in to synchronize them?

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems really obvious! Lets change that status to "Accepted" huh?

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on hootsuite - this is a basic need. I can't believe you've let it lie for a year

• BLueSSBLueSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point of using Tabs if they don't sync?

This has been open for a year already without being solved?!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay I just gave 3 votes for this....hopefully you have enough interest to make it happen. :)

• Andy WoolesAndy Wooles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tabs/streams are a major product strength so they definitely need to be synced to my phone. Otherwise I may as well use another social client on my phone.

• ACRACR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is one of hte main reasons ot use hootsuite professionally. without the syncing you cant fully use the program.

• davelinedaveline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under Review??? This is one of the most important items. My tabs are constantly changing depending on my current interests & trends. It makes hootdroid nearly useless, not having my important tabs/columns synced.

• Thorsten MatznerThorsten Matzner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

of course we need this. In fact, I was sure that this would be implemented from the beginning. What other benefit is there of using the same client on the phone and the desktop than that the settings are the same?

Feedback and Knowledge Base