Feedback Forum

Which languages should be added to the translation project next?

Filipino

Filipino is the national language of the Philippines. It is of Austronesian origin and is based on the existing languages native languages in the country.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WeeWee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  ThiagoThiago responded  · 

Thank you for your suggestion! We wanna bring HootSuite into as many languages as we can. If you are really willing to help us, please register at translate.hootsuite.com and fill in this form http://ow.ly/euAVA

Thanks!

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • blkbird77blkbird77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

while i am surrounded by the language, mostly Tagalog in all it's forms. Unfortunately, i don't speak nor do i write it, but i will definitely let some people hear about this

• kaffeekaffee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Up for @Wee and @Gines.

Yes, The language should be "Filipino." Tagalog is a dialect used by the Tagalog-speaking regions in the Philippines (particularly in the island of Luzon such as Laguna, Bulacan, Quezon Province, Batangas, Mindoro).

Filipino, meanwhile, is the language spoken by Filipinos in the Philippines which includes words, phrases, syntax, conjugation mainly drawn from Tagalog.

Filipino includes Spanish, Chinese, Arabic and English – among many languages – localized/loanwords words, i.e. kumusta (Sp.= ¿Como esta? "How are you?"), ate (Ch.=achi=elder sister), salamat (Ar.=Slamah "Thank you"), nars (En.=nurse).

Filipino also includes loanwords from other Philippine languages:
        "inday" - (Visayan, elder sister or woman), "manang" (Ilocano, elder sister or woman), etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base